Police are carrying out extensive searches at an apartment in the Kamares area of Larnaca following the arrest of two non-EU nationals, aged 32 and 38, suspected of terrorism and membership in a criminal organisation.
Investigators are examining various pieces of evidence uncovered inside the specific flat.

Police have cordoned off the scene while officers complete their forensic searches inside the apartment. The property, which allegedly links to the two detainees, had been under police guard since Friday, according to philenews information.
The searches follow the earlier discovery of items that people can use to make explosives at a house in Governor’s Beach.
The suspects are currently serving an eight-day remand while police investigate them for terrorism and criminal organisation offences.
On Saturday morning, police spokesperson Vyronas Vyronos said Cyprus is investigating the case alongside other competent state agencies and international bodies to fulfil its international obligations. Vyronos noted that investigators are focusing their efforts on the Larnaca district at this stage.

Responding to a question, Vyronos said police remain on high alert, evaluate and analyse all information, and take action.

